|Storefronts > Canal Street > 277-289 Canal St|
© 2007 Robert K. Chin.
This building was built by David M. Oltarsh as the Major Theater in 1927 coinciding with the opening of the Holland Tunnel.
In recent years, the top two floors housed the Pearl River Mart (moved to Broadway). A Sleepy's opened here in November 2007. (link).
(418 broadway) block 209, lot 1
NYC Chinatown Index |
Links & Resources |
Historical Photos | Bookstore | Directory | Image Usage Policy | Tech Info | About | E·mail